About the business and the role
The Mathematical Association of NSW Inc. (MANSW) is a not for profit professional teachers’ association which has been operating for 100 years and currently has over 1,000 members. We operate from an office in Lidcombe and have a small, dedicated team of professional and administrative staff. The aim of MANSW is to promote quality mathematics education for all in NSW.
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced, reliable and enthusiastic person to join an expanding professional service team, to develop and deliver mathematics professional learning activities at secondary school level. The responsibilities include:
1. Managing and presenting events in both metropolitan and regional NSW.
2. Providing consultancy to schools.
3. Maintaining the highest quality of professional learning, student service and consultancy events.
4. Developing and managing MANSW projects with a focus on secondary school mathematics education.
Skills and experience
The Professional Learning Consultant Secondary will have the following skills and experience:
1. Expertise in all aspects of teaching secondary mathematics.
2. Highly developed communication, presentation and ICT skills.
3. Ability to work in a team environment and work flexible hours.
4. Experience in budget planning and project management.
Job benefits and perks
The role attracts a salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and reports directly to the Executive Officer.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.