- Iconic household Australian Brand.
- Be part of a pioneering team in the Australian Market.
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
This role is for an experienced Data Scientist looking for their next exciting and challenging role. In this iconic business, you will be join an established and successful team who don’t settle for average and look to make more strides in data.
- You will demonstrate and communicate a passion about building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth.
- You will build innovative data products for example real-time services,such as personalisation; A/B testing; audience segmentation; unified profile; commerce graph; as well as a big data platform Hadoop and Spark with real time data ingestion and processing.
- Conceptualise, define and oversee regular updates around key product metrics as the company’s challenges and data evolve.
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior.
- Cultivate strong collaborations with product, engineering, senior stakeholders
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the external team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks.
- Balance competing priorities while adhering to deadlines and aligning resources with value demands.
- 5-8 years of experience in analytical field
- Experience in statistical modeling and/or machine learning
- Experience with programming language like python, Java, R and C++
- Ability to translate data insights into product decisions
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and going deep into detailed data analysis
- Willingness to teach others
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related area
Valued Desirable Experience:
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including expertise in recommender systems, personalisation, collaborative filtering and content based filtering
- Experience with Python, Unix, or statistical software packages (R, SAS) for data manipulation
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualisation software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
- Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Python, Stata or Matlab
- Flexible work options
- Generous leave entitlements
- They innovate to create and disrupt
- A little bit of a start up with the security of bring a part of the wider group.
- Encouragement of diversity of thought.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.