As Australasia’s most progressive Outdoor advertising company, APN Outdoor has experienced great success in this dynamic and fast paced sector. Why? Because we are committed to investing in research, innovation and cutting-edge digital developments to produce improved results for our advertisers.
We are currently seeking a junior researcher to join our team in Sydney. The title of this role may be adapted for the right candidate and will be hired at either coordinator or executive level, depending on experience. The role is to assist the insights department in all activities which support the selling and marketing of APN Outdoor’s suite of media formats in Australia and New Zealand.
You will report directly into the Research and Audience Insights Manager, as part of the Marketing team. The role is responsible for assisting the sales team in their responses to briefs, maintaining insights lead marketing material and utilising and understanding audience measurement systems.
- Assist in the development of insights driven marketing material around the Outdoor audience
- Support Sales teams across Australia and New Zealand with research requests for brief responses
- Become familiar with MOVE, the Outdoor audience measurement currency, and strategic use of its outputs
- Develop presentations based on bespoke studies or surveys Support the broader team with trade campaigns and product marketing material
- Assist with survey writing and programming questionnaires
- Maintain inventory libraries and backend of all research resources
- Perform administrative tasks maintaining efficient operation of the insights team
- Develop relationships with external research suppliers and internal stakeholder
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal training initiatives
Essential experience / skills
- 1-3 years of exposure to consumer insights in either agency, media owner or research provider.
- A keen interest in story telling through research and statistics
- Experience with analysing and understanding audience insights
- Detail orientated and well organised, great time management and an ability to multitask
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using data analytic tools (such as but not limited to Nielsen CMV, Roy Morgan, Emma, Q, Sparq, and GeoEmma) preferable.
Intermediate skills in in Microsoft office tools; PowerPoint, Excel etc.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.