As Australasia’s most progressive Outdoor advertising company, APN Outdoor has experienced great success in this dynamic and fast paced sector. Why? Because we are committed to investing in research, innovation and cutting-edge digital developments to produce improved results for our advertisers.
About the team
The Research & Audience Insights team at APN Outdoor plays a pivotal role providing research and insights related activities to support the insights-driven selling and marketing of APN Outdoor’s suite of media formats in Australia and New Zealand.
About the role
Due to increased growth, we have an opportunity for an additional analyst role reporting to the Research & Audience Insights Manager and working as part of the Marketing team.
The role is responsible for assisting the sales team in their responses to briefs, working on proprietary research studies, conducting bespoke surveys, and managing audience measurement systems. The role will also aid in facilitating the communication of research related knowledge with internal stakeholders. A key focus of this position will be to support our New Zealand team, in addition to collaborating across Australian markets.
- Analysing large volumes of data to build stories around the Outdoor audience for brief responses
- Driving continuous development of APN Outdoor’s audience measurement system in New Zealand, Calibre
- Assisting with the day to day operational aspects of MOVE, the Australian Outdoor industry audience measurement system
- Assisting with the implementation of new or enhanced data driven insights resources
- Developing presentations based on bespoke studies or surveys
- Supporting the broader team with trade campaigns and product marketing material
- Survey writing, programming questionnaires, and developing results presentations
- Training APN Outdoor employees on the strategic use of all research related systems and outputs
- Maintaining internal relationships with the Australian and New Zealand sales teams, trading, commercial and business services teams, as well as senior management
This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your strong research and consumer insights background into the fastest growing channel, out-of-home media.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in consumer/audience insights
- At least 12 months media industry experience
- A passion for analysing, reporting and storytelling
- Deep knowledge and experience of conducting quantitative research projects
- Appetite for analysing data and writing reports
- Strong collaboration and effective stakeholder management
- Detail orientation and effective organisation, time management & multitasking
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using numerous data analytic tools (e.g. Nielsen CMV, Adviews, Roy Morgan ASTEROID, Q, SPSS, GeoTribes explorer, MOVE)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft office tools; PowerPoint, Excel etc
- Presentation or public speaking skills desirable but not essential
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.