The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) is the principal organisation representing the medical specialty of Psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand. We currently have an opportunity for a Data Evaluation Analyst within the Education Department.
This position is responsible for:
- Development and provision of the College’s educational reporting and evaluation functions primarily in the Education and Training Department
- Provision of support to the Committee for Educational Evaluation Monitoring and Reporting (CEEMR), including the production of briefing papers, background documents and minutes.
- Design, conduct and reporting of program, data and other evaluations
- Preparation of external reports and statistical analysis to relevant Committees, College stakeholders and government bodies
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Strong inter-personal skills being self-motivated and outcome oriented with the ability to build positive working relationships and work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively and liaise effectively with a range of staff, including senior executives, relevant committees and working parties, the community, carers and consumers and outside agencies involved in mental health and general health
- Ability to take responsibility for own work plan and work independently to meet required goals
- Ability to adapt own workplan according to departmental priorities; an agile thinker
- Demonstrated program evaluation experience in the context of medical education/health professional education and/or health services generally, including development of project timelines, literature reviews, collation of data, identification of evaluation instruments and data analysis.
- Excellent information literacy with demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs, SPSS, Access and/or qualitative data analysis software (eg. Nvivo).
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational assessments and assessment principles, and understanding of the exam results’ statistical evaluation and psychometrics
- Experience in the provision of committee support, including the preparation of meeting papers, writing of minutes and correspondence, and the follow up of action items
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write and communicate articulately and concisely on complex topics
- Well-developed planning, organizational and time management skills to achieve deadlines and adapt to meet changing and competing demands
- Experience in the production of complex written reports for regulating and/or funding bodies
- Proven analytical skills and experience in the interpretation, development and evaluation of data accurately and effectively.
- Understanding of accreditation standards and processes.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate education, health statistics, social science or research discipline
- Experience with the publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of the Australian and/or New Zealand health systems and in particular the mental sector are desirable
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.