Are you interested in Predictive Analytics for Sport? In this role you will act as a Data Scientist within the Group Modelling Team.
Skills & Experience required
You must possess a passion for data and sports with an in-depth level understanding of statistics and the application of statistical techniques to data analysis, specifically in the field of predictive model development.
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial experience
- Exceptional academic record
- University studies in a quantitative field such as mathematics / statistics (or engineering) Bsc (hons), MSc+
- PHD & Research Background
- Artificial Intelligence
- Predictive Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Open Source – Python, Spark
- Experience using quantitative software packages (R, Python, Matlab, Mathematica)
- Exposure to big data processing frameworks (Apache Flink, Spark, Beam) is an advantage
- Exposure to object-orientated programming or a scripting language is an advantage
- Knowledge of SQL / understanding of relational database concepts is an advantage
- Proficient Excel / Tableau skills, with ability to analyse and present summary level data effectively
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to work in a team with an eye for detail
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English and excellent writing skills
- A passion for Sports
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.