- Mid level Data Scientist Role
- Paying 110K Package
- 2+ (commercial) Years experience mandatory as a Data Scientist
- Permanent role
What you will be doing! The mid-level Data Scientist will be working with established programmatic and quantitative methods to find patterns and relationships in large data sets; conducting mathematical, statistical or other data-driven problem solving analysis to identify business operations or intelligence questions by internal and external customers. You will be given guidance by CTO and Managing Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Working knowledge appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in one or more of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics (e.g. probability and statistics, formal modelling, computational social sciences)
- Computer programming (e.g. programming languages, math/statistics packages, computer science, machine learning, scientific computing)
- Visualization (e.g. GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Working knowledge of research designs
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solutions to complex problems.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to develop comprehensive software applications, as needed
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
Technologies to know:
- Statistical Tools may include: SAS, R, SPSS, Matlab, Mahout/MADlib, Stata
- Programming languages: SQL, C/C++, JAVA, Python, Perl
- Data Management Tools my include: Hadoop tools, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, NoSql, Tableau, Hbase
- 2-6 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or technical field of study (e.g., statistics, mathematics, computer science, physical science, quantitative social sciences).
Prior machine learning and AI experience for at least 2+ years is mandatory for this role. Please note that you might be required to code at times as well so coding experience is required too
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.