We are a rapidly growing Melbourne-based analytics startup looking for outstanding talent to join the team to help us accelerate the transformation of the retail industry using data and artificial intelligence.
We are looking for world class AI researchers to help build new machine learning algorithms that transform business process and management frameworks within large enterprises. You will invent, implement, and deploy state of the art machine learning algorithms and systems. You will build prototypes and explore new solutions.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. It will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of AI.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being able to deliver a Machine Learning/Deep learning project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organisation
- Use Deep Learning frameworks like MXNet, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, Theano, CNTK, and Keras to help our customers build DL models
- Use SparkML and other machine learning frameworks to help our customers build ML models
- Work with Data Engineers to analyse, extract, normalise, and label relevant data
- Work with Engineers to help our customers operationalise models after they are built
- Assist customers with identifying model drift and retraining models
- Research and implement novel ML and DL approaches
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Informatics, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of industry experience in predictive modelling, data science and analysis
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models
- Experience using Python and/or R
- Knowledge of SparkML
- Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
- Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
- Experience working with GPUs to develop models
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
- Familiarity with using data visualisation tools
- Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
- Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
- Experience giving data presentations
- Extended travel to customer locations may be required to deliver professional services, as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Informatics, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 2+ years of industry experience in predictive modelling and analysis
- Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modelling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
- Publications or presentation in recognised Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organisation
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritising needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
Key values we are looking for are:
- Absolute care for the end result
- Willing to constantly learn
- Commitment to helping the team and our clients succeed
Being a rapidly growing team that’s expanding globally, the work environment is very dynamic and projects can be intensely challenging. But if you care about working hard and seeing your efforts make an immediate difference in the real world, this is the place you’ll want to be.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.