Are you looking to take the next step into Data Science? Could you apply your strong Analytical, Insights & Modelling skills as well as commercial acumen, in a role that will see you working across an entire business to promote Data as a strategic asset?
One of our industry leading clients has a much-coveted opening for an experienced Data Scientist to apply their ability to analyse, investigate and commercialise data for a range of stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- In-depth and advanced data analysis of large volumes of data from varied sources
- Development and maintenance of new and existing models including predictive models
- Investigate and research data to understand Customer Behaviour including trends, anomalies, patterns and opportunities for commercial and strategic application
- Interpretation and presentation of Analysis and Insights to a range of stakeholders
- Perform and improve best practice of the full scope of model development, including: versioning, testing, validation and monitoring, and documentation
- Develop Customer segmentation, value measurement and identify opportunities to meet objectives for fund growth and retention
- Provide technical advice and subject matter expertise around the evaluation of both internal and external data sets to ensure their full value is realised
- Day-to-day management of at least one Analyst
Your skills and experience:
- Degree and/or tertiary qualification in related discipline e.g. statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science etc
- 5+ years experience working in Data and Statistical Analysis, working with data modeling e.g. predictive modeling
- Strong technical skills in SQL and R are essential with experience in other statistical analysis tools also ideal
- Experience with Big Data platforms, data mining and machine learning
- Demonstrably strong quantitative analysis skills with the ability to understand the commercial impact of data on a business
- A thorough understanding of data and complex data structures/data-sets
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal are essential
- Confidence in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Previous experience mentoring and managing are ideal with demonstrable leadership skills
Don’t miss out on a fantastic opportunity to progress your career into management and strategic data science. Become a subject matter expert and work across all levels of the organisation. Join a culture of learning and continuous improvement in a friendly and welcoming environment.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.