Our federal government client’s role has grown to meet the needs of a modern and dynamic Australia. Today they are not only the Australian government’s principal revenue agency, they are also a large payer of government funds.
- Utilise data science techniques and experimental methods independently
- Develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes
- Develop, enhance and maintain a range of mathematical models to monitor demand and analyse behaviour.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise in reducing vast and disparate data sets into categorised and useful summaries and reports
- Manipulate and analyse big data from disparate systems
- Work with a cross functional team of data scientists, data analysts, report developers and engineers
- Move Proof-of-Concept models/products to production for clients.
- Qualifications in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant disciplines.
- Strong practical experience (preferably 5+ years’ experience) across one or more data science areas such as machine learning, natural language processing, graph analytics, behavioural analytics and visualisation.
- Strong data cleaning and analysis skills, and experience in devising testing methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a diversity of programming languages such as R (experience in Shiny will be a bonus) and Python.
- Professional commitment and skills of maintaining code quality.
- Familiarity with the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem, and experienced in Scala, PySpark and HiveSQL.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.