Our Federal Government client is seeking an APS5 Data Analyst to commence as soon as possible to work within the Future of Work Taskforce, Youth and Programmes Group.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to ad hoc labour market research requests
- Prepare labour market policy implications as they relate to research projects
- Proficiency in using software packages such as SQL, SAS, STATA, Excel, SAS EM and/or Qlik Sense
- Conducting complex research on labour market data, possibly including text mining
- Building relationships with stakeholders, particularly policy and programme officers who make use of the data, to ensure high quality fit-for-purpose reporting products
- Effectively communicating the results of data analysis both verbally and in writing to a diverse range of audiences
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor in Economics/Statistics or Data Science (essential)
- Experience using Excel, SQL, SAS, STATA and/or Qlik software (essential)
- Experience analysing large data sets, demonstrated understanding or knowledge of labour market data and data sources.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.