- Must have 5+ years exp with MS BI Stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Must have strong international stakeholder engagement skills
- Big Data / Cloud (AWS or Azure) experience highly desirable
What’s in this for you?
- Lead and inspire the BI team and help shape the data strategy!
- Work in a supportive, innovative workplace where input from everyone is valued
- Work with highly regarded global brands
Your prospective employer:
…is partnered with some of the worlds largest brands and has team members in every state and territory in Australia. Their unique approach to partnership aligns the strategic business objectives of their clients to their significant experience in providing a comprehensive range of services.
The BI Manager’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational reporting and analytics. The BI Manager is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading reports, dashboards, cubes and data warehouse. The BI Manager will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of information and reports.
This role requires a thorough, detailed, creative, diligent, and sharp analytical mind. Must have exceptional BI experience building and maintaining an enterprise data warehouse along with the right attitude and excellent customer facing skills.
Here’s what it will take:
- Demonstrable strong data analysis and data mining skills (T-SQL, MDX, and DAX)
- Strong data visualisation skills using SSRS & Power BI
- Strong integration skills using SSIS
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Experience managing data warehouse and reporting infrastructure to help scale reporting needs while maintaining high-performance environment for reporting
- Understanding of reporting and business intelligence best practices
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of data governance best practice
- Experience using Big Data tools (e.g. Kafka, S3, data lake, Python, R)
Qualifications / Experience:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Business or similar
- A mastery of Business Intelligence concepts and the ability to articulate these concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in business data modeling, metadata structure and business subject areas for key business processes
- Experience of successful and effective application systems leadership, project management, preferably within BI and ERP systems
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.