Working within the Corporate Statistics Unit, Capability Department located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands 3008*
About the role:
As the successful applicant you will be reporting to senior statisticians and your role will include:
- Participate and/or assist in developing and delivering effective and efficient statistical management programs, methodology and systems that supports Victoria Police corporate goals, strategies, as well as public sector and social requirements.
Some of your duties will include:
- Service requests for data/statistics to internal and external stakeholders using corporate data sets
- Maintain corporate statistical databases and data from operational systems
- Ensure data quality assurances are conducted for the reliability of the data including monitoring backlogs.
- Assist in supporting a large number of Intel/DIU analysts with their day-to-day queries in relation to Statistics and SAS EG
- Generate, maintain and publish regular statistical reports
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Sound knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the application of statistical management
- Well-developed ability in the utilisation of statistical programs , methodology and systems
- Experience in statistical analysis and evaluation techniques
Requirements and relevant information:
- Tertiary qualifications in Statistics , Computer Science or Social Science is desirable
- Experience in statistical analysis using Statistical Software is highly desirable
- Experience in the use of SAS software is advantageous
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.