Our company has established itself as a leader in the design, modelling, and analysis of energy markets. We have over 30 years of demonstrated success in providing services to the whole gamut of stakeholders to the energy markets: including governance and regulation, generators, system control, energy traders, high volume industrial energy consumers, and even end users such as small business and residential customers.
Our passionate team prides themselves on having pioneered a number of market reforms over the years around Australia, Asia, and across the globe, resulting in fairer, more stable, and more dynamic markets.
We produce a number of industry-leading desktop, web, and mobile applications related to energy market data analytics, reporting, visualisation, market modelling and optimisation, and more.
We’re looking to grow our expert team, and are looking for enthusiastic applicants with demonstrated skills and experience in mathematics and programming.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in mathematics, physics, engineering, or related discipline. Honours, Masters, or PhD are highly valued also.
- Demonstrated ability to program in an object-oriented language, such a C++, Java, or preferably C#.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with theory and practice of mathematical optimisation, particularly linear and integer programming, as well as non-linear optimisation.
- Experience with mathematical computing environments such as MATLAB or Octave.
- Ability to effectively work alone or in a team.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities.
- An enthusiasm for solving challenging problems in mathematics, statistics, optimisation, data analysis, and machine learning.
Highly-valued skills relevant to this position include:
- Experience working with energy markets, in for example in electricity generation or trading.
- Understanding of and experience with dynamic programming.
- Understanding of and experience with statistical analysis, in particular Bayesian statistics.
- Understanding of and experience with control theory.
- Understanding of and experience with machine learning approaches for both classification and regression, especially for time series data.
- Experience working with large data sets, as well as competence with SQL.
- Experience with desktop application development (.Net, WPF)
- Experience with mobile app development (Xamarin, Cordova, etc.)
- Chinese language skills (written)
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.