A bit about us:
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to 800,000 homes and businesses throughout Australia. Our mission of ‘keeping it fair’ is underpinned by its values of affordability, simplicity, efficiency, and environmental friendliness. With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, and reducing energy expenses, Alinta Energy continues to grow.
A bit about the role:
An excited opportunity for a Pricing Analyst now exists within our retail commercial team. The primary objective of the role is to work closely with the national retail commercial team to assist in pricing retail electricity and gas customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a national pricing framework, whilst, enhancing systems and controls to develop and establish best practices capabilities.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Undertake research into, and quantify the impact of, changes within national retail markets including changes to networks costs, energy costs, government schemes and changing consumption patterns.
- Develop, maintain and document financial tools and system processes that effectively support the retail market pricing activities.
- Ensure that pricing inputs to billing systems and pricing collateral are accurate and delivered on time.
- Complete complex analysis and deliver analytical information and reports.
- Ensure deliverables meet the expectations of stakeholders with respect to quality, consistency, timeliness and presentation.
- Work effectively within a high performing team environment and contributing to success through a positive and professional attitude.
- Develop highly productive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake training and development as required.
- Business improvement projects and commercial initiatives related to providing pricing information to vendors and stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in, economics, finance, mathematics, engineering or other relevant numeric discipline.
- Computer skills, in the development of analytical modelling and reporting tools, Matlab, SQL, Advanced Excel and Tableau.
- Experience managing large datasets.
- Ability to test, document and implement changes to operational systems.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Innovative and improvement mindset whilst driving efficiency in reporting and processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to develop and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
It’s a really exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a foot in the door to a meritocratic culture that could lead down various career paths building an extremely bright future for yourself!
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let spread the positive energy together…
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.