Infringement Management and Enforcement Services (IMES) is a business unit within the Department of Justice & Regulation, Criminal Justice division, responsible for managing the end-to-end infringements system in Victoria. Strategic Information Services (SIS) communicates the role and function of IMES to the general community and its many diverse stakeholders including online, media and reporting functions. It also critically investigates its data to improve service delivery. Reporting to the Manager, Analytics, the Insights Analyst will perform data analysis, and design and deliver reports and insights, to inform key business decisions and actions in relation to the road safety camera program, infringement management and enforcement and other policy matters as directed.
In this role you will:
- Interpret available data and relevant reports, including integrating where relevant with other sources across IMES, to provide business leaders with critical and relevant insights and commentary about what’s happening and why
- Develop clear and effective reports and data visualisations on Victoria’s infringement system and other related subjects to meet key reporting requirements, and make it easy to use the information to make decisions
- Collect, compile, process, analyse and interpret data using system support tools such as MS Access, SAS and Business Objects.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience using programming languages, such as SAS and SQL efficient in the use of data visualisation tools such as Qlik and TIBCO Spotfire
- Efficient in extracting and using data from multiple sources, including Enterprise Data Warehouses
- Self-management skills – addresses conceptual and specialist skills, using own strengths and managing weaknesses to mitigate obstacles and advance difficult or unpopular decisions that are based on a clear understanding of how outcomes should be achieved
- Presentation skills – leads discussions in a group setting to support a particular point of view and delivers conclusive reasoning and arguments to gain audience support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, IT or Mathematics; or other relevant qualifications and/or experience.
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.