Our client is an Australian market leader in supplying Data Science driven products and services to the country’s leading consumer driven businesses. They boast one of the country’s most comprehensive consumer ‘Big Data’ assets which is leveraged in a range of behavioural marketing and credit risk based solutions. With the ongoing demand for new Data Science driven solutions a long term contract opportunity has been released.
Whilst the key focus of this role will be to ensure the required data components of these solutions are refined and delivered in the most efficient manor, the core responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to consult around the data requirements of brand new, problematic and exciting R&D DS/ML/AI driven products & services and how may be performing in market.
- Identify and assess potential internal and external data assets that are available and can be leveraged to satisfy the solution requirement.
- Apply a section of analytical techniques from traditional data linking (complex SQL joins) and data science models and more sophisticated machine learning algorithms to uncover key insights into the data that will enable a more optimised solution performance.
- Leverage your insights to recommend improvements into the data processing phase that will deliver ongoing improvements in the associated product or services performance.
- Consult with stakeholders around your recommended approach.
- Develop, build and automate the solution.
The successful applicant will come from a strong background working in an SQL data driven environment and will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent investigative skills with the ability to engage with internal stakeholders, understand abstract Data Science driven products & services and ascertain how the foundational data component can be improved to optimise performance.
- Experience and understanding of how Data Science, Machine learning and AI techniques can be applied to optimise consumer behaviour, credit risk or fraudulent activity based decisions (working within a productised data environment will prove highly advantageous).
- Strong SQL Programming skills for manipulating complex data sets (with exposure to R, Python, SAS, Spark, Hive, PIG or similar proving highly advantageous).
This ad is now closed and is an example of a job including maths skills.